Apparel Graphic Designer/Merchandiser
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
Are you an Adobe Illustrator virtuoso with experience designing graphics for custom apparel? Do you have a passion for collegiate athletics, team spirit, and a keen eye for fashion? We are looking for an inspired individual to help us develop cohesive catalogs to present our product lines, graphics and custom-built items. You'll be a crucial piece in our constant goal of making the best shirts & swag ever!
Use your trend-spotting knowledge to create fresh graphics for apparel and promo products in the college retail and resort market (shirts, hoodies, hats, drinkware, bags, etc.). This will entail creating new designs, and working with brand guidelines as well as product templates. You’ll use visual presentation skills to create dynamic catalog layouts and assets for our site. Some of this will be in relation to the Greek System, so kudos if you were in a fraternity/sorority or know the scene. This is a 3 month seasonal position with the possibility for permanent employment after!
We are a screen printer, promo product peddler, graphic design firm and warehouse/fulfillment center; but most of all – we are brand evangelists. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever.
For 7 of the last 8 years in a row we’ve been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in Washington. Merchandise we’ve created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
- Develop custom graphics for college retail, Greek retail, resort, and custom builds
- Design content for websites and catalogs
- Collaborate with our Retail Program Manager to design cohesive offerings
- Ensure the Kotis’ brand personality and voice is present in all content
- Bachelor’s Degree in a design related field (graphic, apparel, etc)
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and ability to work super-fast in it (use shortcuts, etc.)
- In-depth experience designing for graphic tees, hoodies and headwear
- Understanding and passion for College culture, athletics, heritage, and tradition
- Knowledge of fashion, apparel and design trends
- Catalog layout skills a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and disciplined work ethic
- Ability to manage time so tight deadlines are met within Kotis' fast paced environment
- Positive, problem solving attitude
- Experience with hardgoods like drinkware, keychains, etc. is a plus
- Drawing/sketching skills desired