Production Design - Art Preparation - Seasonal
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
Do you love t-shirts and swag? Are you speedy at Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, relish key commands, details, and well-planned prints? We're looking for a production designer to work on a seasonal basis (August-October with the possibility of permanent hire). You'll be a crucial piece in our constant goal of making the best shirts & swag ever.
Prep and separate graphics for apparel and promo products in both the college and corporate market (shirts, hoodies, hats, drinkware, bags, etc). This will entail double checking designs to ensure printability, separating artwork for screen printing, and working with press ops to ensure intended results. Much of this will be in relation to the Greek System, so kudos if you were in a fraternity/sorority or know the scene. If you're into shirts, swag, and the college market, then this is for you!
We are a screen printer, promo product peddler, graphic design firm and warehouse/fulfillment center; but most of all - we are brand evangelists. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever.
For 6 of the last 7 years in a row we've been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in Washington. Merchandise we've created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
• Prep/send artwork for apparel & promo Items, ensuring accuracy and adhering to art requirements.
• Guide Designers: Adjust and tweak art from designers to improve final product.
• Review design proofs.
• Separate artwork pre-production
• Color-correct garment icons to match physical garment swatches.
• Track and prioritize lists so all jobs (including rush) are completed on time.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Thorough knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop with the ability to work super-fast
• Art Separation knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop
• Spot color separation experience in Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus
• Experience with screen printing desired
• Good handle on organization and "clean" files
• Attention to detail and disciplined work ethic
• Superior time management skills so tight deadlines are met
• BA in Graphic Design (or equivalent visual degree)
• Positive, problem solving attitude
• Ability/Desire to work seasonally (August-October). There is a possibility of permanent hire in November.