Production Assistant Manager
This is an opportunity to grow management related skills you’ll have for the rest of your life. You’ll help our print shop departments optimize production by circling the floor with purpose throughout the day, checking in multiple times daily with press, finishing, needles, and heat transfer teams to ensure no one is stuck. Support multiple teams by gathering materials, answering questions, and guiding the entire chain to maintain high production performance.
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
You are a doer, a quick thinker, and improviser. You get satisfaction from working with your hands and seeing things being made from start to finish. You tackle problems with enthusiasm – finding the quickest way to the answer, and love working on your feet. Our perfect candidate is a motivator and team leader that can push us to make even more amazing products.
Kotis Design runs a clean, state-of-the-art textile screen printing facility to keep ahead of our customers’ demands and we need technically skilled people who love screen printing and want to build with us as we grow. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever. For 7 of the last 8 years we've been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in WA. Merchandise we've created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
• Constantly ask production employees what they need to keep production going
• Ensure Press Operators don't have to do anything besides set up or load shirts, minimizing their time away from the press.
• Diminish the time between jobs on press and other machines
• Work with Assistant staff to make sure materials (garments, screens, tools, & inks, thread, etc.) are at press or machine and ready to go for production.
• Alert Operators to move onto next job if the pre-scheduled job isn't ready
• Solve press issues as they arise, so production isn’t forced to stop.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud and tasks associated with this position cause hands and clothes to get dirty.
• Wants to get s#*t done
• Production environment experience a plus
• Quick problem solving ability
• Very positive personality - you are a cheerleader for production
• Capable of remaining calm and composed under pressure
• Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Excellent oral communication
• No degree required
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 30lbs at times
• Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
• Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors