This role splits time approximately 50/50 between Production Manager and Press Operation Manager duties.
Shift is 8:30 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday
Production Manager: In conjunction with the Production & CountOut/Catching/Finishing/Shipping Manager, you will ensure all print shop departments are adhering to the daily production schedule by circling the production floor throughout the day to monitor productivity. Always thinking ahead and prepping for what’s next, you will direct traffic on the production floor to ensure all jobs are produced accurately and ship on time. As needed you will think critically to make adjustments to the schedule while keeping the client’s timelines and other needs in mind.
Press Assistant & Operator Manager: You will be directly responsible for the press assistant team as their direct supervisor. You will develop processes and trainings to onboard new press assistant and operator employees effectively and push seasoned employees to progress on the 5 Levels, ultimately helping train press assistants to be press operators.
Kotis Design runs a clean, state-of-the-art textile screen printing facility to keep ahead of our customers’ demands and we need technically skilled people who love screen printing and want to build with us as we grow. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever. For 6 of the last 7 years we've been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in WA. Merchandise we've created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
Production Manager Responsibilities
Press Assistant & Operator Manager Responsibilities
- Always think ahead and know what is being printed next
- Circle production floor throughout the day monitoring all departments productivity, specifically that they are operating to support the day’s production schedule
- Work with staff to make sure screens, tools, inks, & garments are at press on time for production
- Pull staff from different departments or request additional staff to meet timelines
- In conjunction with Production & Shipping/Catching/Finishing Manager, be secondary individual to adjust the schedule as needed
- Communicate constantly with Production & Shipping/Catching/Finishing Manager to ensure all departments are on schedule and critically think about how to further optimize production
- Train and schedule Press Assistant and Operator staff members (both employees & workers staffed through agencies)
- Coach, mentor, provide feedback and improve the skill set and productivity of the team
- Enforce amazing quality control (QC) from team to ensure best shirts ever
- Work with Print Shop Director to ensure we are properly staffed
- Work with Print Shop Director on reward/recognition ideas to motivate team
- Work to inspire team members by setting a positive example and being involved with Kotis beyond the Print Shop
- Research and develop more efficient processes/techniques
- Collect statistics to help develop and refine processes and properly schedule projects
- Maintain inventory, order pre-press supplies, and help develop usage metrics
- Meet with team members individually on a regular and ongoing basis with Print Shop Director
- Contribute to bi-yearly performance reviews for Pre-Press team with Print Shop Director
- Sit in on disciplinary meetings for Pre-Press team members conducted by Print Shop Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Production environment experience required
- Screen printing experience strongly desired
- Management experience a plus
- Capable of remaining calm and composed under pressure
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong ability to use Outlook, Excel and the internet is a huge plus
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs at times
- Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors
Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud and tasks associated with this position cause hands and clothes to get dirty.