Kotis Design is looking for a fully remote Payroll & Benefits Administrator for their growing Human Resources Team. Kotis has experienced sustained growth for the last 10+ years, and we are looking for your Payroll & Benefits experience for this new, specialized role. Own all things payroll and benefits and the compliance that accompanies. This position reports to the Human Resource Manager.
This is a fully remote position, however candidates must be located in WA, OH, or UT.
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
We are looking for a hyper detail-oriented candidate who is meticulous about following Payroll & Benefits processes and can take their experience to suggest ideas for administration & process improvements. You are very comfortable with numbers and analyzing lots of details. You come with at least 2 years payroll and/or benefits (health, 401(k)) experience within an HR or Accounting department.
At Kotis, we’re building a team of brand evangelists, designers, and doers who are obsessed with creating the best promotional marketing experience ever. We’re the brand behind the brand, the makers of amazing swag & eCommerce solutions meant to amplify our client’s message and connect their people. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to make our clients’ lives easier and creatively solve their problems--whether that be internal employees, members, or customers.
As one of the fastest growing companies in Washington, we continue to disrupt the traditional promotional products industry--owning the end-to-end workflow of product & design ideation, custom screen printing, retail-quality knitting, e-commerce solutions, warehousing + fulfillment, and more--all to serve our clients better.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll for review
- Set-up new hire accounts in payroll software
- Review and approve employee reimbursement requests based on company and IRS policy
- Enter bonuses and commissions into payroll with manager direction
- File for UI, L&I, state income & local tax filing accounts as needed
- Keep tax withholding rates current in payroll software
- Keep up-to-date on WA, OH, UT, CA payroll laws
- Set up and manager carrier feeds with vendors
- Respond to and enter garnishments into payroll
- Review managers salary change requests in HRIS
- Review and approve employee tax withholding changes, direct deposits, etc.
- Process position changes, transfers, relocations in HRIS and payroll software
- Ensure health benefit offerings and enrollment administered and communicated consistently amongst employees per guidelines
- Prepare benefits related Open Enrollment, New Hire, important notice communications
- Work with Vendors on complex benefit related employee questions/concerns
- Direct New Hires and employees at OE to appropriate vendors
- Fund 401(k) contributions
- Enroll new 401(k) participants
- Set up 401(k)payroll deductions
- 401(k) annual audit gathering reports and other data/documentation
- Ensure plan is administered as outlined in Plan Document and by guidelines set by ERISA and DOL
- Communicate with vendor Fidelity
- Run Reports from Fidelity
- Ensure proper benefit notices are distributed
- Work with vendors on SPD and plan doc updates as needed
- Work with Vendor on ACA filing
- Other benefits compliance projects as needed
- Answer employee payroll and benefit related questions
- Employment verification requests phone, email or written
- Workers compensation paperwork
- Unemployment responses
- Meticulous electronic fling and record keeping
- Execute on Remote Employee recognition programs and initiatives
- 2+ years full-time payroll, accounting, and/or benefits administration experience
- Desire to work remotely
- Demonstrated ability to work with lots of details accurately
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Strong PC Skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel)
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills