THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
Do you love t-shirts and swag... and especially designing graphics for said items? Are you speedy at Adobe Illustrator, relish key commands, brand guidelines and well kerned type? Are you based in Washington, Ohio or Utah? We’re looking for a Production Designer to work from home on a seasonal basis (August-October). You'll be a crucial piece in our constant goal of making the best shirts & swag ever.
Design sweet graphics from home for apparel and promo products (shirts, hoodies, hats, drinkware, bags, etc). This will entail creating new designs, improving client art, and working with brand guidelines as well as product templates. If you're into shirts & swag this is for you! This is a full time, fully remote, seasonal position.
We are a screen printer, promo product peddler, graphic design firm and warehouse/fulfillment center; but most of all – we are brand evangelists. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever.
For 6 of the last 7 years in a row we’ve been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in Washington. Merchandise we’ve created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
- Create Mockups for Apparel/Promo Items: Use client logos/art on our templates, or create new design. Use client logos/art to create designs for Apparel/Promo items (using our templates)
- Improve Art from Clients: Adjust and tweak art from clients to make it look/print better when brand allows
- Enforce Brand Standards: Make sure logos, colors, spacing, etc. are used appropriately and on brand.
- Create Accurate Mockups: Place designs on product templates so mockups look accurate to what will print. Check min/max print requirements per medium to ensure products will print well.
- Prioritize Lists: Track and prioritize lists so rush jobs and changes are done when needed and all other jobs/changes are also completed on time.
- Complete Specified Jobs per Day: Must complete 12 level 1 jobs or complete 8 level 2 jobs per, and necessary revisions (levels as defined by Kotis).
- Innovate: Bring ideas for improvement of our processes or how we can make things better for Kotis/Customers.
- Ability/Desire to work from home seasonally (August - October). There is a possibility of permanent remote hire after this term, based on need. Must have high speed internet.
- Thorough knowledge of Illustrator and ability to work fast (Photoshop knowledge a plus) Experience working in Website design/layout a bonus
- Good handle on typography since it relates to almost every product we make
- Attention to detail and disciplined work ethic
- Ability to manage time so tight deadlines are met within Kotis' fast paced environment
- BA in Graphic Design (or equivalent visual degree)
- Positive, problem solving attitude with a “can-do” spirit is crucial in this position