KNIT DEPARTMENT MANAGER
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
Do you have experience working with circular knitting machines? Do you get excited about innovative creations? We’re looking for someone to manage our knit department with the goal of creating the best custom beanies and embellished apparel ever. If you want to make a difference, help train others and fight for better, then let’s get started.
For 7 of the last 8 years we've been named one of the Fastest Growing branded merch companies in Washington. We built a new, state-of-the-art textile screen printing facility in Ogden, Utah to keep ahead of our customers’ demands and we need technically skilled people who want to build with us as we grow.
- Monday – Friday required
- 8:30am – 5pm
- Full-time position
- Schedule: Tightly monitor and oversee the production schedule to ensure ship dates are met
- Process: Develop and maintain procedures to ensure top QC and efficiency
- Train: Continually teach best practices and ways knit operators can improve
- Stats: Maintain a 10% or less error rate within the knit dept. Monitor individual stats for output and improvements.
- Inventory: Track yarn inventory/consumption and when new shipments are needed
- R&D: Test new knit items and knitting methods to constantly improve our offerings
- Equipment: Keep the machinery in top form and uphold maintenance
- Expand: Assess other areas of expansion and equipment needs
- Utilize Cost Reduction, Planning and Organization Skills
- Uphold highest levels of quality and efficiency
- Regularly monitor staff level to hit production goals while not overstaffing
- Enforce safety and cleanliness at all times
- Embody Kotis core values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud.
- 2+ years’ experience with circular knitting machines (socks, beanies, or scarves)
- Design degree or courses desired, but not required
- Strong PC Skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and think critically and independently
- Lift and/or move up to 50lbs at times
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly but efficiently- example using multiple machines for production at once
- Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors
- Ability to read, write and comprehend complex written or oral instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English