THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
We are looking for a skilled coach and natural leader with some lead or management experience under their belt. Our perfect candidate loves identifying each team member’s strengths and putting them in a position to succeed. Also thrives off the buzz and pace of production and working on your feet all day. Dislikes when the day moves slowly, and no communication is face-to-face.
We run a clean, state-of-the-art textile screen printing facility to keep ahead of our customers’ demands and we need technically skilled people who love screen printing and want to build with us as we grow. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever. We focus on recruiting crafty, positive people who are passionate about creating amazing product – but a majority of these Kotisians have little experience… that’s where you come in!
You will develop our employees through 1:1 coaching, training, and working with fellow production managers to cross-train everyone. And YOU also want to be developed? Great! We have a management training program so you can hone your own expertise. The Production Supervisor takes charge of the production schedule and ensures jobs are shipping on time, while working directly with departmental managers and leads to determine priority of operations each day.
- Coach, mentor and provide feedback to improve the skill set and productivity of the team
- Continually monitor production operations - including but not limited to: color reproduction, registration, and decoration quality
- Review production task lists (e.g. garments prepped, screens burned, pre-requirements completed) for anything that may affect production
- Work with department managers to implement and adjust work procedures to meet production schedules
- Identify possible training and re-training needs of employees (second eye seeing who is or is not working up to expectations)
- Recommend measures, through research and training, to improve production methods, equipment performance, and decoration quality
- Analyze and resolves work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and shared labor pool (support team reassignment)
- Prepare and maintain production reports
- Identify bottlenecks and work with Production Director to solve
- Meet with team members individually on a regular and ongoing basis to evaluate performance
- Enforce quality control (QC) procedures across departments
- Work with HR & Print Shop Director to ensure proper staffing on all teams
- Work on reward/recognition ideas to motivate team
- Inspire team members by setting a positive example and being involved with Kotis beyond the Print Shop and embodying company values
- Enforces company policies and safety regulations
- Strong focus on safety, quality, efficiencies and costs
- Maintain inventory, order supplies, and help develop usage metrics
- Other duties as assigned or required (ranger roll parties sometimes include everyone)
- Monday – Friday required
- 8:30am – 5pm
- Position is full time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions of practical situations to printing jobs.
- 1+ year Management or lead experience required
- Production environment experience strongly desired
- Capable of remaining calm and composed under pressure
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong ability to use Outlook, Excel and the internet confidently is a huge plus
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs at times
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors
- Kotis offers a competitive benefit package to full time employees, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) + match with Roth and Traditional options
- Robust PTO program
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud and tasks associated with this position cause hands and clothes to get dirty.